Automation Systems are increasingly important in manufacturing, offering a combination of technologies and machinery to improve production speed, quality, consistency, and volume. At Applied Manufacturing Technologies (AMTEC), our custom automation solutions integrate with existing systems to enhance productivity and reduce costs and waste. From die-cutting and welding to printing and marking, we offer robust, automated machinery that improves operational functionality.
Advantages of Automation System:
- Higher thru-put.
- Integrate 1 or more processes
- Variety of control levels
- Excellent diagnostic tools
- Highest level of repeatability
- Monitor Fine details
- Lower unit cost of manufacturing
- Highly repeatable – Process consistency
- Consistent Product Quality
- Reduce defects & scrap
- High productivity
- Higher profit
- Receptive to New technologies
- Controls – mobile friendly
- Semi & Fully automated Systems
- Safety standard compliant
- It keeps getting better and keeps the economy growing
Vision System to Inspect part quality
Filter Die Cutting
Filter Ultrasonic Welding
Die cutting machines use a metal die to punch out identically shaped components from materials like sheet metal, plastic, and paper. Our machines handle up to 1,200 PPH, with capabilities including:
- Auto-Feeding Mechanism (from filter roll)
- Die Cutting
- Transfer on the plastic part
- Vacuum to hold filter material on part (prior to welding)
- Ultrasonic Welding (Post Die Cutting)
- 1,200 PPH
In pad printing, a silicone pad presses against an ink-covered plate etched with the desired image, then moves and presses again to transfer that 2D image to a 3D component. Pad printing is ideal for parts that are challenging for printing, such as medical devices, syringes, bottles, and car parts. Our machinery is fully automated for consistent quality and low overhead, with a 900-PPH-capacity process including:
- Automatic parts loading by Robot (from molding machine)
- Parts Inspection
- Transfer to next process for final assembly
- 900 PPH
- Fully automated System for consistent product quality and low overhead
Laser marking uses a highly controlled laser beam to add permanent writing, symbols, or designs to materials' surfaces. It encompasses different techniques like marking, etching, engraving, drilling, cutting, micro-machining, and scribing. It has a capacity of up to 240 PPH.
Laser Marking with the following features:
- X-Y table; 60” x 120”
- Travel: 30” x 60”
- Material: Stainless Steel panels
- Capacity: Up to 240 parts per hour
- Precision X-Y motion
- Highly repeatable process
- Laser gives permanent marking
- Excellent dark contrast
- Semi-Automated machine
- Load up to 48/ panels per cycle
- Easy change over
- User-friendly laser marking program
- Lowest operating cost
At 900 PPH, our robots accelerate workflow by streamlining repetitive tasks requiring precision, endurance, and speed. Automation with robots offers unmanned, fully automated operation 24/7. Common tasks for robots include material handling and removal, part loading, and palletization. Our customized robots featuring six-up end-of-arm-tooling include:
- Pick and place machines with dedicated tooling and fixed motion along three axes
- Robots with replaceable tooling and flexible, programmable motion along six axes
- Automatic Part Loading
- Robot w/6-Up EOAT
- 900 parts per hour
- Fully automated System
- Unmanned operation (Low overhead)
- Nonstop operation (24/7)
Pick & Place
|APPLICATION||PICK & PLACE||ROBOT|
- HMI – Touch Screen (Integrated)
- HMI – Touch Screen (External)
to Electrical Enclosure
Input/Out Modules for
w/Safety Tag & Lock
3D CAD Model for
CAD model for Part
Inspection System with 4
Cameras for Vision
Inspection of entire product
Inspection booth with 4 cameras to
inspect part quality around the
Inspection System for Part Sorting: Parts are identified after passing through
the Inspection Process and then sorted into the exact product category.
Shipping labels are printed to avoid human errors.
Precision X-Y Table for
accurate & repeatable part
Super Precision 4 axes stage where tight tolerance and extreme accuracy is necessary
Human–Machine Interface (HMI) Touch Screens
We can integrate these platforms with an internal or external electrical enclosure, and offer workers user-friendly communication, data collection, and control over automated systems.
Electrical Control Panels
Control panels monitor and direct machine system operations through relays, sensors, controllers, timers, and starters. We offer electrical panels, input/output modules for machine control, and electrical enclosures with safety tags and locks.
Vision Inspection Systems
Automated vision inspection systems perform quality assurance (QA) or part sorting checks for defects, operational issues, contamination, safety seals, and product and package matching, with printed shipping labels to avoid human error.
Positioning stages place parts in exact positions for each operation during production. Our precision X-Y tables offer accurate, repeatable positioning for consistent results. The super precision four-axes stage provides tight tolerances and superior accuracy.
Automation systems pay for themselves many times over in:
- Enhanced monitoring and data. Automated systems provide ongoing production oversight and data collection to inform and improve processes, often through mobile-friendly controls.
- Improved efficiency and productivity. Working at a steady speed, often unattended 24/7, automation increases output.
- Worker safety. Robots are ideally suited to dangerous jobs as they aren’t affected by noise or hazards.
- Higher profits. Automated systems can work harder for longer, cutting back on labor costs and minimizing human error to save on materials. Also, higher throughput equates to lower manufacturing costs per unit.
- Reliable quality. The hallmarks of automated systems are consistent, repeatable, accurate results unmarred by worker error.
- Shorter lead times. Less downtime, expanded capabilities, and reduced outsourcing mean products are ready sooner.
- Straightforward integration. Automation systems should integrate easily and completely with existing operations. Automation also incorporates multiple processes within a single system and provides versatility for technological upgrades.
- Waste reduction. With improved accuracy and quality comes reduced opportunities for defects and wasted time and materials.
As an ISO 9001:2015-registered automation machine manufacturer, AMTEC offers proven experience and commitment to customer satisfaction. We supply customers with cost-effective automation solutions to achieve their production goals and exceed expectations. Contact us today to learn more about our customized automation systems or to request a quote.